Thursday 24 May 2012

Featured Author: JADE KENNEDY

Jade Kennedy is one of the writers that I've 'met' since joining Twitter (after several years of not understanding it, I've finally realised what's going on and seem to be getting the hang of it..)


She writes in a way not dissimilar to the way I write, so it's hardly surprising that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading her work so far and am looking forward to getting my hands on her e-book 'Silver Threads' (Release date: 31st May 2012 published by Valley Press and available to buy from Amazon).


Below is an example of her work:


Orlando

Do not fade,
                 do not wither 
stray not from the Spring gardens
Orlando,
           come sit and discuss the art of fine poetry.
You who wears ambiguity like a fine silk veil.
Whose eyes have seen many phases of the moon.

To live,
         to recite,
                     to remember and bear witness.
After so long, to feel comfort in your own skin.


To be reborn, awakened,

                                    a different sex
Let the Winter become no more
than remnants of the past.

The hereafter can wait,
                                 you are alive.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for this Natascha :) I hope you love Silver Threads when its released. If anyone wants to read more of my poetry you can visit my blog http://jadekennedypoet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete