Sunday 10 June 2012

25 Facts About: POET Jade Kennedy

I want to be able to interview as many authors as possible on this blog (with a 1year old, a baby on the way AND my own writing career, I don't have much time!). 


I feel it' incredibly important to help to promote fellow writers and their works- especially new ones. So I came up with the idea of asking authors to list 25 (or more) 'interesting' facts about themselves AS WRITERS (how they write, why, what etc). I've tested it out on four writers (including myself) so far. Please feel free to let me know if this does or does not work or appeal to you.


Here goes:


25 Questions with poet Jade Kennedy
http://www.jadekennedypoet.blogspot.co.uk/


1. I started writing from about the age of nine.
 
2. My fabourite genre to read is historical fiction.
 
3. My favourite authors are Elizabeth Chadwick, Philippa Gregory and Ken Follett.
 
4. My first 'proper' poem is called 'Written in the Stars' and is about astrology.
 
5. I only started writing seriously in 2009.
 
6. My poem 'Darkness' was inspired by a Windows screensaver.
 
7. Mostly my poem ideas start from a single line and snowball into a complete poem.
 
8. I first started featuring my work on the website allpoetry.com
 
9. While on allpoetry.com I wrote 130 poems.
 
10. My poem 'Orlando' was inspired by the book by Virginia Woolf and the film by Sally Potter.
 
11. My favourite poets are Dylan Thomas, Carol Ann Duffy and Pablo Neruda.
 
12. My poem 'Essence of Orange' was inspired by my first date with my husband Carl.
 
13. My favourite author when I was little was Roald Dahl.
 
14. The first book that really got me into reading was 'The Raging Quiet' by Sherryl Jordan
 
15. When I write I love to mix up words and language.
 
16. I prefer to write on my laptop and when its quiet.
 
17. I keep all my new poems in a file on my computer called 'Random Poems'
 
18. I was first featured on the website thisisull.co.uk with my poem 'City by the Sea'
 
19. I have written whole poems in my head laid in bed at night.
 
20. I prefer writing short poems.
 
21. I don't like to write about the everyday, I prefer to write about feelings, emotions and fantasy.
 
22. My poetry resonates more with women then men.
 
23. I cannot write in rhyme, I like the freedom of freeverse.
 
24. I am addicted to writing my blog.
 
25. My ebook 'Silver Threads' was published on the 31st of May by Valley Press.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment