Saturday 21 July 2012

THE WIRE: Searching for Reason


About five years ago my Mum found an advertisement in the local library for a writing competition. The theme was 'WIRE'. I ended up writing a 500 word piece that was vaguely about a girl in the future loosing her father inside a 'dream machine'. Needless to say it didn't win and I never heard anything back from whoever it was that organised the competition!

Five years later I stumbled across a website called Ether Books, (if you haven't heard of them, Google them they're worth a look) and saw that they were looking for pieces of fiction that were 500ish words. I sent them a few things, including The Wire. They then got back to me saying that they would be interested in publishing The Wire as a novel, in regular installments, which is something I'd never thought about doing before and knew nothing about.

Anyway, after pondering that for a bit I decided that I WOULD turn The Wire into a full length novel (how wise this is when I'm nearly 8 months pregnant I don't know...) and publish it in installments via Facebook (link at the bottom of this post). Hopefully by doing it this way I can see what people make of the book, and then when I've completed it I can send it off to publishers, along with an initial fanbase (fingers severely crossed...)

If you'd like to have a look at the Facebook page for The Wire, the link is here: http://www.facebook.com/thewiresearchingforreason 

You can also follow me on Twitter here: @Someofherparts and have a look to see what events are happening etc on my website: www.nataschascrivener.webs.com (there is currently a page dedicated to the book tour for THE WIRE) 

I hope you all thoroughly enjoy reading THE WIRE: Searching for Reason, any feedback is always greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment